To anyone interested in fat reduction via Coolsculpting
We receive numerous inquiries regarding what technology the CoolScultping system uses and how CoolSculpting’s technology differs from technologies that are marketed and promoted as being „just like CoolSculpting,“ including, among others, LipoCryo, KryoKontur, Coolplas, Lipoglaze, Lipo Freeze, Cooltech and CoolContour. These devices go by many similar-sounding names, but they all have one thing in common: each has designed its advertising to mislead health care professionals into believing that their device provides, and to convince patients that they are receiving, treatments indistinguishable from genuine CoolSculpting treatments. This letter explains and clarifies the facts on fat reduction through the proprietary technology known as Cryolipolysis.
Here are the most commonly asserted falsehoods:
All fat freezing devices feature cryolipolyses technology
All fat freezing devices are FDA-approved
Coolsculpting's technology is not protected by patents
Despite ZELTIQ’s strong intellectual property portfolio, numerous competitors that sell imitation devices that have flooded Europe continue to make false claims. But when it comes down to the true facts, the CoolSculpting system rises above the copycats. Here’s why:
- Imitators cannot claim to have Freeze Detect technology. The CoolSculpting system contains an array of sensors that detect potential adverse events including the freezing of epidermal and dermal tissue. Without Freeze Detect technoloy, skin freezing or other injury is more likely to occur. We have received reports of injuries from imitation devices that in the most serious instances include severe burns that have required surgical excision of the affected skin.
- The majority of imitators cannot claim to have a CE marked Class IIa medical device.
- They cannot claim to have sold nearly two thousand systems worldwide.
- They cannot claim to have provided more than 800,000 patient treatments, and counting.
- They cannot claim to be a company of almost 300 employees with a market capitalization of over one-half billion dollars.
No, only Zeltiq Aesthetics, the creator of the CoolSculpting System, can make these claims.
Knowledge is power. But it can only be powerful if acted upon. When deciding which fat reduction system to purchase, or which to be treated on, do not accept anything at face value. If told that you are being offered a device with Cryolipolysis technology, ask for proof that it is an authentic ZELTIQ CoolSculpting System. If told that a system is „FDA approved“ ask for proove.
If told that an instrument is backed by clinical research, ask for proof ( and not some white paper that can be easily generated by any company’s in-house marketing departement but peer-reviewed articles that have been published in reputable medical journals). If you do that, the choice will be clear.
CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ – Ask for it by name.
Accept no substitutes.
We appreciate the opportunity to set the record straight. If you would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keith J. Sullivan, Senior Vice President, Global Sales & Marketing
James P. Bucher, Vice President, Europe, Middle East, Africa
*This document is a true copy of the original letter.